Aims of the Irish Haemochromatosis Association
The Irish Haemochromatosis Association aims to provide support and information for those suffering with haemochromatosis and related disorders, to facilitate networking among members, and to encourage screening of members' extended families through:
- Production of a newsletter, brochures, and other media that
provide information about and raise awareness of Haemochromatosis.
- Formation of a membership bank.
- Education of the general public and members of the medical
profession about haemochromatosis
- Information gathering to advance knowledge of the disorder.
- The promotion and development of relationships with other
voluntary agencies and with those involved in the medical field
in order to advance the knowledge and treatment of
- Fund-raising to assist the organisation in its objectives.